Tuesday, July 15, 2008

T Stands for Trouble


Some of you may have previously read things I have written - whether it was an email about my random trips to Europe or strange workouts in the sports science lab, a blog about a book I read, a book review in college about a book I didn't actually read, or a story I wrote about vampires at age 5. For those of you who haven't read my stuff, know my style is analytical, sardonic, arrogant, charming, challenging, emotive (for you, not me), reflective, honest, self-deflating, and humorous. At times, I can have the most confident hubris known to mankind, and then completely turn around and reveal the insecurities that plague me. But for the most part, I always do it with a laugh and that Tiller smile.

After numerous adventures this summer, I finally decided to start a blog so that friends and family can keep tabs on me and I can (hopefully) stay in better touch. I pride myself on keeping contact with good friends and loved ones, but I haven't been so good of late. With that said, I am leaving for China, Beijing in fact, tomorrow morning at 6 AM. I will be there for 6 weeks as part of the support staff for the Summer Olympic Games.

My emotions are mixed and I am sure they will run the gamet over the course of the next 45 days. It will be an amazing experience to say the least. I will be sure to document all that I do, see, and feel. Although what I feel right now is a mixture of sadness and anxiety.

I am sad I will miss the opening of the next Batman movie (I hear Heath Ledger is absolutley marvelous). And I can't sleep at night because I am trying to figure out how I will be able to draft players while in China for the upcoming Fantasy Football league I play in. I have a big score to settle with Brett and his in-bred relatives.

Below is a brief rundown of who I am (in case you forgot) and what I do for the US Olympic Committee. Feel free to pass this along to friends and co-workers, or read this to those kids you keep locked in your basement for your amusement (you sick, sick person). Please ask me questions about my experiences and/or comment on anything I write. I look forward to hearing from you and sharing my tales of lore with you.

Terris Tiller, aka "T", aka Internationally Known as T, aka T$, aka T-Dawg, aka
T-Fools, aka T-Bone.

Age: 30
Sex: Male
Hometown: Baytown, TX
Birthplace: El Paso, TX
College: Trinity University, 2000 (BA in History & Communications)
Occupation: Multi-media Coordinator, US Olympic Committee Colorado Springs, CO

I have lived in Colorado Springs, CO for the past 6 years. I moved here to train to be the best athlete in the world of modern pentathlon, which was my former occupation until about 18 months ago. I "retired" due to injuries, financial concerns, burn out, and the fact that I was miserable despite being a pretty damn good athlete. Now I work for "The Man" at the USOC. In short, I help my friends win medals by playing Rock Band with them and poking them on Facebook.

My relationship status is complicated, so don't ask. Technically, I suppose I am single, but my heart belongs to someone and she refuses to give it back. I think she collects things like that in the same way I collect retro Air Jordan's. To each their own.

I'm not 30, I'm 20-10. And yes, I live in a dorm. Still. I do enjoy long walks on the beach, but not in the romantic sense. I like to be alone. An enjoyable day to me is sitting in front of my big screen tv and watching an entire season of whatever on dvd while drinking coffee and eating small donughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's MY SON!!! My "PRIDE & JOY"
the ORIGINAL "T"

Anonymous said...

Ne,

You do have the gift of words..remember my advice do not offer to smuggle anything out of China or stand alongside a group of people protesting in China both could land you in a Chinese jail. I do not want to see you in an episode of Locked Up Abroad on the History Channel.

bones said...

man, have you done some awesome stuff or what during your relatively short life, I remember when you were born (I'm an old friend of your parents from back in your Dad's nebulous Rainbow days when that pontiac and pinky ring were everything to him until your mom and later you came along. Have fun, help us bring home gold.

Unknown said...

Have fun in China, T. I am so excited for you, it sounds like an awesome experience....you'll have to tell me more about this girl who stole your heart and refuses to give it back when you get home...